Sunday 22 January 2017

Evaluation question three


What have you learned from your audience feedback?



My audience feedback helped me from the start, it allowed me to be able to refine my product and make it fit with the audiences wants and expectations rather than my own.

The stages that I collected audience feedback are listed below:
  • My potential ideas
  • Draft shooting script feedback
  • 1st cut (the real one that I could not upload)
  • Final cut


I think that it was vital to get feedback on all of these stages as these were the main stages where changes could be made. I have never had any experience creating a music video before and feedback was my main source of information and helped to keep me on track to the level of quality I hoped my video would be. I needed to get as much feedback as I could in the early stages so that I could figure out which of my ideas were good and what ideas needed changing or removing. If I had gathered feedback later and found that I had a poor song choice with a less developed idea I would either have to start again or work with a product that wasn't as good as it could have been.

Each time I collected feedback I was able to focus myself more down a particular route of ideas, this helped me because in the beginning I had very little idea of what I was going to do and if I hadn't gathered audience feedback I would be using a song which the feedback told me not to use.

I chose to gain feedback from both my fellow media students as well as friends and family who had not taken media so I was able to receive feedback from people who could spot media language and those who saw it just as a music video, this was effective as I was able to gain two different types of feedback.

Overall my feedback has helped me to develop my ideas and to tailor my product for the audience rather than for myself.

I could have benefited more from my feedback if I had asked for more feedback at different points, going back I would have been more concise with my questioning rather than asking vague open answer questions.

My audience feedback has helped me to learn to focus on other peoples wants from a product rather than my own, I have learnt where I could have developed ideas more as my draft shooting script was very vague and rather empty of detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment